TREK TO HUMANTAY LAKE
Full Day Hike.
We made this Huamantay lake Day trek – Salkantay trek 1 day thinking in nature lovers who do not have many days but they can found spectacular landscapes with exotic flora and fauna, Along this hike adventure you will able to find beautiful valleys and white mountains and one the most important lakes considered as a sacred mountain in Incan mythology.
Humantay Trek full day from Cusco, Humantay Lake is located on the way to Salkantay Mountain, just 2 hours away from Soraypampa.
Destination: Humantay Lake
Departure: All Year
Useful Information Trek to Humantay Lake:
- Begin from: Cusco
- Daily departures from Cusco
- Soraypampa located at (3850 m.a.s.l.).
- Humantay Lake (4200 m.a.s.l.)
- 5.00 – 9.00 Cusco – Soraypampa
- 9.00 – 9.30 Breakfast in Soraypampa
- 9.30 – 11.00 Trekking to Laguna Humantay
- 11.00 – 12.30 Free time
- 12.30 – 14.00 Trekking back to Soraypampa
- 14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in Soraypampa
- 15.00 – 18.00 Soraypampa – Cusco
- End in: Cusco
Places that are visited in Trek to Humantay Lake from Cusco
- Humantay Lake
- Salkantay Peak
Program Itinerary Trek to Humantay Lake.
DAY 01 : Trek to Humantay Lake from Cusco
We pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at 3am and drive 2.5 hours to the village of Mollepata, located in the lush valley of the Apurimac River. Here we will enjoy breakfast in a local restaurant before we start the trek to Soraypampa.
We travel along a photogenic path called the “Camino Real,” as we gain altitude. After reaching the tiny village, where few amenities exist, we continue for another hour and a half, ascending 1,200 feet in just 2 miles up a steep path. After conquering the last hill, we will gaze down on a turquoise lake below, which is surrounded by steep peaks and an impressive glacier.
The hike is dominated by Salkantay Peak, one of Peru’s most sacred mountains, towering 20,600 feet with a sheer and snowy face. The equally impressive Humantay Peak, rising 19,412 feet, is also within view. Shamans and other natives will often give blessing when reaching the crystal-clear waters of Humantay Lake. Once we reach the lakeshore, we relax, enjoy a snack, go for a swim (if you are brave!) or give thanks to Pachamama (Mother Earth). When you are ready to hike back down, we will descend to Soraypampa and have lunch while enjoying the breathtaking panoramic views of the snowy peaks. We drive back to Cusco and drop you off at your hotel.
END OF OUR SERVICES
Includes Trek to Humantay Lake:
- Pick up from your hotel
- professional guide path
- tourist transport from Cusco to Mollepata / Soraypampa – Mollepata- Cusco
- A professional chef
- Kitchen equipment, dining tent ,, chairs, tables
- Meals (1 breakfasts, 1 lunch )
- First aid kit, emergency oxygen
- Admission ticket
Does Not Include Trek to Humantay Lake:
- Water: please bring 1 liter per person
- Voluntary Tips for Guide, Driver and Cook-(Please keep in mind that tipping is common in Latin America and would be greatly appreciated)
What you need to take:
- Boots or Sturdy walking shoes
- Pants are recommended not shorts
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Camera and film
- November to April rainy season.
Booking yout Tour: TREK TO HUMANTAY LAKE
Group Service Price:
US$ 45 per person (just included the tour guide and transportation), Pick up from your hotel in Cusco or Inkaland office.
Private Service Price:
– 1 person US$ 225 per person
– 2 people US$ 150 per person
– 3 people US$ 130 per person
– 4 people US$ 120 per person
– 5+ people US$ 115 per person
Student Discount: US$10 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$10
** Please NOTE: Private Tours are 100% run by Inkaland while in the Group Service if there are 6 or less people in the group will be conducted by our partners.
This is a Must DO tour in Cusco!